Engineers, operators, maintenance and safety personnel and other professionals involved with design and operation of fired process heaters.
This course will introduce the basics of thermal and mechanical design and safe, efficient operation of fired heaters. Emphasis will be on common design methods, considerations of fuel type, combustion air supply and control, combustion chemistry and control, and safe heater operation. Attendees are encouraged to bring the details of current problems for discussion with an instructor or general discussion with other attendees.
Some Topics Covered During the Course:
- Description of heater types and factors governing choice of design.
- Combustion calculations and sampling.
- Radiant zone design.
- Convection zone design.
- Application of burners.
- Combustion air supply and control.
- Instrumentation and Burner Management Systems.
- Improving efficiency.
- Design of tubes, in-tube pressure drop including flow regime issues.
- Operation, testing, tune-up and troubleshooting of heaters.
- Emissions control.
- Corrosion and fouling.
- Fuel considerations.
- Maintenance planning.
- Heater CFD Modeling.
Locations, Dates and Prices:
|Tulsa, OK||November 7 – 10, 2017||$2,995.00|
|Tulsa, OK||November 6 – 9, 2018||$2,995.00|